Do you believe everyone deserves a healthy smile? Are you committed to providing efficient, quality dental care and teaching the value of oral health? Can you roll with the punches in an environment of change?
The Health District is seeking a caring, friendly and compassionate dental hygienist to join our busy public health dental clinic. Must be team-oriented, reliable, and passionate about providing high- quality care to underserved populations.
Bi-lingual applicants encouraged.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited program with a Bachelor’s or Associates degree in dental hygiene
- Active Colorado Dental Hygiene license in good standing
- Experience with prophylaxis, debridement, scaling and root planing, and local anesthesia certification
- Flexibility in scheduling and some early evening hours
- Direct patient care required in a clinical setting.
- Experience in hygiene in a public health clinic and/or large volume Medicaid patient panel
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with an electronic dental record system (i.e., Dentrix)
- Provides care to Medicaid and low-income populations of northern Larimer County who are unable to afford the full cost of care
- Works in partnership to support a team of dedicated dentists in providing the highest standard of dental care to our patients
- Performs periodontal cleanings, prophylaxis, community screenings, and patient education
How to Apply
- Provide a cover letter that details your professional experiences and how your qualifications align with this position. Applicants who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
- Submit your cover letter and resume to Search Coordinator,
- Mail: Health District of Northern Larimer County, 120 Bristlecone Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
- Fax: 970-221-7165 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our organization and help us accomplish our goals and make a meaningful impact in our community!
Why work for us
- Our mission is to enhance the health of our community and to achieve this we provide health services that address unmet needs and opportunities in our community.
- We demonstrate dignity and respect for all people and focus on our employees, clients and community.
- Employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge that result in successful performance in their roles/positions.
- We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The Health District does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion (creed), political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws in employment, or in the admission or access to, treatment or participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs, services and activities.
- The Health District provides comprehensive benefits, including (100% or prorated portion) of the cost of medical, dental, low cost vision, 401(a) and optional 457(b) retirement plans, 11 holiday, generous flexible paid time off, and employee wellness and recognition activities.