Legislative and Policy Analyses
Health District staff prepares pro/con analyses to assist the Board of Directors in determining whether to take an official stand on various health-related issues. These documents include, but are not limited to, analyses of:
- Specific bills pending before the Colorado Legislature,
- Other state, local and or national legislative or policy issues, and
- Health concerns that are the subject of local, state or national policy debate.
The Health District's Board of Directors considers background papers at its meetings as they become available. The board votes to support, monitor or oppose a bill. On some occasions, the board may direct staff to take a more active role in supporting or opposing a bill. Analyses are based on bills or issues at the time of their consideration by the Board of Directors. Bills may change during the course of a legislative session.
For current information on specific bills:
- Health District analyses of legislative and policy issues for 2019
- Colorado General Assembly
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate