Deputy Director of Operations
The Health District is seeking a talented and motivated Deputy Director of Operations to serve as a top manager devoted to the management and administration of programmatic divisions and functions of the organization. If you are a strategic and visionary thinker with the ability to look at the long-term impact organization-wide, we are interested in considering you for this position.
The Deputy Director of Operations reports to the Executive Director and applies advanced management principles with critical impact on the public and the organization and represents the Health District by acting as an advisor to the Executive Director and Board. The Deputy Director of operations develops and implements programs critical to the Health District and exercises control and supervision of multiple assigned functions and/or divisions and significant resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public administration, business, public health, social work, or a degree in a human behavioral science or related field.
- Seven years of professional experience in a field related to the assigned functions of the Health District, including four years in a management capacity.
- A minimum of three years of experience, and excellent skills, in performing all or most of the following duties in a health or human services setting:
- Developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating programs or services; achieving project goals; and establishing objectives.
- Hiring, orienting, supervising, and evaluating personnel and teams including overseeing goal setting and progress.
- Applying personnel management policy and procedures; involvement in developing and implementing human resources policies, processes, and practices.
- Budget creation, review of complex budgets, and budget analysis.
- Overseeing and managing grants and meeting all the requirements of grantors. Contract development and management including compliance assurance.
- Superb written communication skills including synthesizing complex information into concise, organized, understandable reports.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including making effective presentations.
- Meeting coordination and facilitation; ability to facilitate diverse interests skillfully and positively.
- Creation, evaluation, and amendment of internal policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and evidence of skilled application of positive, productive management skills and problem-solving; demonstrated effective team leadership.
- Utilization of modern technology for research, records and data collection and management; maintenance of accurate records; organizing, collecting, and analyzing data for reporting, evaluation, and other purposes.
- Provides oversight and directs the implementation of operations, programs, and functions of designated divisions; provides strategic planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluation of programs, processes, systems, and services; prioritizes projects and initiatives in alignment with organizational goals and objectives; ensures compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Develops and oversees the adherence to policies, procedures, and quality standards; evaluates operational effectiveness; implements program and process improvements; and directs the optimization of resource utilization and program/service outcomes.
- Establishes and maintains external relationships relating to operational, policy, and performance matters of the Health District.
- Works with community agencies (partners) to further the goals and objectives of the Health District, Health District Board of Directors, and Health District constituents.
- Develops short- and long-term goals, objectives, and strategic plans; oversees and/or negotiates contracts; provides and presents communications and updates on organization programs, activities, and initiatives.
- Monitors, reviews, and negotiates selected Health District contracts.
- Conducts and oversees the preparation of special reports or research projects to improve the operations of the Health District.
- Initiates and develops Health District policies and makes appropriate recommendations to the Executive Director and Executive Leadership team, which includes collaboration on annual changes to the Health District’s Policy Manual.
How to Apply
- Provide a cover letter that details your professional experiences and how your qualifications align with this position. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Submit your cover letter and resume to Search Coordinator,
- Mail: Health District of Northern Larimer County, 120 Bristlecone Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
- Fax: 970-221-7165 (Attn: Search Coordinator)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our organization and help us accomplish our goals and make a meaningful impact in our community!
Why work for us
- Our mission is to enhance the health of our community and to achieve this we provide health services that address unmet needs and opportunities in our community.
- We demonstrate dignity and respect for all people and focus on our employees, clients, and community.
- Employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge that result in successful performance in their roles/positions.
- We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The Health District does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Employment decisions at the Health District will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
- We provide comprehensive benefits, including (100% or prorated portion) of the cost of medical, dental, low-cost vision, 401(a) and optional 457(b) retirement plans, 11 holiday, generous flexible paid time off, and employee wellness and recognition activities.