525 W. Oak St. (located inside SummitStone Health Partners)
Fort Collins, CO 80521
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone help available 24 hours
If you are in crisis
Depression. Anxiety. Drug and alcohol issues. When you or someone you care about is struggling with any kind of mental health or substance use concern, it’s hard to know where to turn for help.
Connections offers answers, options and support that help you take the next step – the right step – toward mental health and freedom from substance misuse or addiction.
Connections can help identify your concerns and personally guide you to appropriate options, including support, further assessment and treatment. It all starts with a phone call or visit with one of our specialists, who can give you:
- Free information to help answer your questions and explore your concerns about mental health, substance use or behavioral issues. Available in-person or by phone.
- Initial screening and assessment services to help pinpoint specific issues or problems and determine the best course of action
Once we’ve identified your needs, we’ll help connect you, as needed and appropriate, to:
- More in-depth assessments to determine your specific needs
- Local counselors and therapists
- Other treatment providers and programs
- Psychiatric and psychological services
- Classes, support groups and other resources
- Local reduced-cost counseling and medication services, as available, for those who meet income guidelines
Connections does not provide ongoing, long-term treatment. However, we may provide assessment and treatment on a short-term basis until an ongoing source of care is found. We’ll continue to offer support, information, care coordination and help with overcoming barriers to care for as long as needed.
Our staff understands what you’re going through. They’ll listen to your concerns and walk with you every step of the way as you get connected to the right care. Services include:
- Help navigating the complex system of care, and help connecting to treatment, resources and support
- Serving as a go-between and advocate as you work with care providers and other community resources
- Support and guidance from our Family Support Partner
Connections offers a variety of trainings to professionals and community to help increase awareness and understanding of mental health and substance use issues. These include ongoing Mental Health First Aid Trainings.
Services for families and youth - The CAYAC Team
CAYAC (Child, Adolescent and Young Adult Connections) is a partnership of the Health District of Northern Larimer County, SummitStone Health Partners, Poudre School District and other community partners. Our goal is the early identification and treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that affect health, happiness, family and school. Services are open to all Larimer County youth up to age 24, as well as their families. Others who work with youth (teachers, coaches, daycare providers) can also get support and information from CAYAC.
Connections has a diverse group of trained mental health specialists to help with your specific needs.
We try to remove barriers to care, including cost. Some services are free, and some are available with sliding fees. Some client assistance is available for those who qualify.
Connections does not provide crisis services. We are not a replacement for emergency services, urgent care or primary care. If you are experiencing a crisis, visit or call the SummitStone Community Crisis Clinic (1217 Riverside Ave., Fort Collins; 494-4200), or go to your nearest emergency room. Or call 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or 911.